We’re looking for client-facing Digital Project Manager to join our team to help us create brilliant websites and applications across a variety of sectors.
You’ll be managing both new project work and retainer-based work for existing clients.
The successful applicant will be organised, confident, and ambitious, with an eye for detail and a passion for delivering outstanding digital work.
Role and responsibilities
You will manage multiple clients and projects at a time, taking them from inception to launch, and beyond. You will bridge the gap between clients and our design and development teams, managing expectations and ensuring projects run on-time and on-budget.
This is a client-facing role so you’ll need to be confident dealing with people. You’ll also be expected to present to stakeholders at project meetings.
You must have:
- 3+ years related digital project management experience in a digital agency
- Experience planning, scheduling and managing design and development teams
- You will manage the full project life-cycle: kick-off meetings; scoping; resourcing plans; stakeholder management; delivery; deployment; on-going support
- Solid understanding of digital design and development processes, UX methodologies & techniques
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of organisation, ownership and responsibility
- Experience of managing client expectations
- Technically minded in nature - you don’t need to know how to code but, you should be able to speak confidently with developers
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Kanban, Scrum etc)
- Knowledge of best practices in web/application design and development
Working at Ten4
Some of the things you might like about working at Ten4
- We’re a remote team with an office in London. You can choose where you’d like to work (UK only). Ideally, candidates will be available to visit London once or twice a month for team events and/or client meetings. You must have the right to work in the UK.
- 25 days holiday (plus the usual bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours
- Annual £1,000 professional development budget
- Macbook Pro with any additional peripherals you need
- Monthly social events with the whole team
- Cycle to Work scheme
A few core values help us produce good work and make decisions that benefit the business and our staff alike:
- Empathy — success comes from understanding how real people feel and behave.
- Collaboration — working together is better.
- Balance — we work hard, respect our colleagues and make time for our loved ones.
We want to increase the diversity of our team and hire people who show strong potential. If you know people like you are underrepresented in tech, we’d love to meet you.
We’re committed to equality of opportunity. You will be able to make the best use of your skills, free from discrimination or harassment, knowing that all decisions are based on merit.
Apply for this job or ask a question
Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can email any questions about the role, our company or anything else to the same address. We can’t wait to hear from you.