Driving engagement and running the online vote for the National Television Awards
Ten4 brought a great deal of experience which has helped our traffic soar for yet another successful project
Ken Johnston, Associate Producer
The voting system is a custom process designed to draw users quickly and easily through a number of categories in two voting stages (a longlist and shortlist). Security measures such as IP monitoring, email verification, Captcha and independent verification ensure the validity of the vote and specialist hosting allows hundreds of thousands of users to vote simultaneously without issue.
We established a number of KPIs such as visitor/voter ratio, mailing list signups and competition entries, as well as voting totals, overall traffic and social referrals (which remain the biggest point of entry). Each year the site evolves to drive up these numbers: the design is updated, the voting process get ever-more refined, copy is rewritten, and we provide more ways to share.
We introduced a mobile-responsive site in 2012 ahead of the mobile traffic surge that surpassed 75% in 2014. A gallery, previous winners’ section, video highlights and ticketing information all heighten the experience.
- Responsive web design & development
- User experience and user interface
- High availability hosting
- Data management
- Social strategy
- Post-vote reporting and recommendations
The vote now attracts around double the audience we started with in 2009
- Average growth in visitors is now over 30% each year
- The conversion rate grows each year as we turn more visitors in to voters, and more voters into mailing-list subscribers
- Our sharing features (users can now share a dynamically created montage of their selected nominees) keep social referrals the biggest entry-point for voters